Best Smart Lighting Systems for 2022 💡🏠
GreenStar Technologies Control4 lighting solution provides energy efficiency, added safety and security, custom lighting scenes, and the ability to control numerous smart products in your home at once with just the touch of a button. Using keypads, voice assistants, an app, touchscreens, or a remote, you’re able to dim lights or change colours and hues in any (and every) room and set a specific mood. Our experts will conveniently place your lighting keypads to allow you to turn off every light on your way out the door with one tap. As you arrive home, your garage door can trigger the entryway lights to lead your way into the house. Motion detectors brighten the hallway lights during the evening and throughout the night, making it easier to move about without disturbing the rest of the household. Control4’s smart lighting simplifies your daily routine and is easy enough for the whole family to use and enjoy. Control4 provides an easy way to control every light, inside or outside from a single interface.
Used in over 500,000+ homes around the world! Control4 is the leader in the residential market in Australia with their Asia Pacific distribution based in Hallam, Victoria. Control4 offers the ultimate home automation solution by making the products and systems you already have and use everyday, work together seamlessly! By integrating everything from lighting control, music, home theatre, climate control, security and even smart phones and tablets – a smart home by Control4 creates personalised experiences that enhance your life and provides added security, comfort and convenience.
- One keypad – One sleek customisable keypad can control multiple lights in multiple rooms, or even set an entire scene with pre-set lighting, music, temperature control, and door locks.
- Customisable – Switches, dimmers and keypads can be customised to match your decor and blend in seamlessly to interior and exterior design.
- App & Voice Control – Control and access the lighting app on your phone, tabletop or in-wall touchscreens, or with voice assistants like Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
- Smartphone Access – Keep your home safe while you’re away with remote management capabilities and turn lights on and off right from your phone while you’re away.
- “Mockupancy” feature – control your lighting and electronics to turn on and off on their own to “mock” how they would be used if you were home; perfect for while you’re away on a holiday or just out for the night.
- Eco-friendly – Smart lighting helps you conserve energy and reduces your energy bills over time.
- Customisable scenes – E.g. “Cooking” scene that will start your favourite playlist and bring your lights up to full illumination, or a “Goodnight” scene that will turn off all the lights in your home, lock the doors, arm the security system and queue up your bedtime routine.
- Integration – Add in exterior lights, some of which are activated by motion controls or light sensors, and just about every room in your house is likely to have multiple lighting options.
Create Better Comfort & Ambience With Philips Dynalite
Philips Dynalite creates sophisticated, reliable, and energy-efficient lighting control systems suitable for homes of any build. When you choose Philips Dynalite, you are selecting the world’s finest lighting control system. Tried and tested in more than 30,000 projects, we have implemented some of the largest and most extensive control networks around Victoria. The same robust technology can be used in any application, on any scale. Re-engage your technology in a whole new way with Philips Dynalite’s intuitive smart lighting solutions that let you seamlessly manage your lights while easily integrating other third-party smart devices. Enjoy your technology your way with a wide array of control options and instantly reap the benefits of a more comfortable, efficient and safe home.
The Philips Antumbra switch contemporary design features several customisable button configurations (text or icons), with each button capable of local or home-wide control functions. The Antumbra Touch has a smooth glass finish and uses capacitive touch technology to detect the presence of a finger on various locations of the glass to trigger the button-press action.
With Crestron, everything in the home is controlled with ease on one intelligent platform. Your home becomes more secure, comfortable, and convenient.
The right lighting turns an ordinary room into an extraordinary space. It welcomes you home and keeps intruders away. It contributes to your physical and emotional wellness. It sets the right mood for any activity. With the Crestron Home® smart home platform, customisable control of all your lighting – and everything else in your home – is simple and smart. Crestron Home gives you virtually unlimited ability to coordinate your lighting with other systems in your home. Heating and cooling. Audio. Video. Shading. Security. With the touch of one “Quick Actions” button, everything is set exactly as you like. Create Quick Actions and scenes to perfectly match your lifestyle.
Crestron Home control systems are uniquely designed to unify disparate technologies to communicate with each other at any scale, resulting in effortless control of all your devices from one intuitive smart home platform.
KNX – Design for the intelligent home
KNX combines the latest technology with innovative design elements, allowing for seamless integration into any interior or exterior setting. KNX systems are used within new and existing home automations to manage lighting, climate, audio, security and more. Handcrafted in Belgium, KNX products offer a high-quality finish with outstanding durability. We offer a range of expertly crafted KNX products, including touch-sensitive switches, intelligent thermostats and motion detectors, with a minimalist design that blends perfectly into any architectural environment. Bronze, brass, brushed aluminium, glass or leather; you’re sure to find the perfect finish to complement your home or commercial decor.
An elegant and versatile app for the KNX home automation system. Through the beautiful user interface, you can easily control lights, shades, scenes, music, HVAC, cameras & more at the slightest touch. Now, you can choose from design switches, motion sensors and touch screens that all share the same Basalte traits: great usability, beautiful design and built from high-quality materials.
- Compact, Powerful, Convenient – smaller in size than ‘Ellie’ but equally as powerful, intuitive and convenient – perfect for smaller rooms
- Minimal on-wall touch panel – connect to other ‘Lisa’ and ‘Ellie’ panels in your home
- One swipe away – View cameras / intercoms, control lights, shades, music and scenes in one specific room
- Available in luxury finishes – uniform design concept / Brushed: Aluminium, dark grey, black, nickel, brass / Others: Bronze, satin white, rosé / Fer Forgé: Grey, gunmetal, bronze, rosé
- App control – Gira Smart Home App, Wi-Fi Network, Retrofittable, Voice Control, Blind + Heating / Cooling Control
- Wireless KNX RF system can be installed in new and existing buildings without extensive renovation – additional cable not necessary (standard 230V installation for switches or socket outlets)
- Customisable system and retrofittable in older buildings – available in grey matt, creamy white glossy,. Anthracite, aluminium, black matt and pure white matte / glossy
- Battery-operated KNX RF pushbutton sensor offers a neat solution – stone, concrete, wood, glass and furniture installation
- Their UI server is DIN rail mounted and called X1, with a separately secure IP portal for remote programming and operation (essentially a link into their Cloud service) called the S1
- On par and equal cost as the Basalte Core Mini – The Gira G1 (in white or black) is similar to the Basalte Ellie but with obvious differences in the look and feel
Power at your fingertips with intelligent C-Bus home control system
The best home control systems are the ones where you feel in control! GreenStar Technologies smart home control range includes C-Bus smart wall switches and touchscreens. You’ll have complete control of your home, it’s easy-to-use and comes in a range of styles and colours to suit the interior design of your home. With C-Bus technology our experts can automate your air conditioning, blinds, security, entertainment, lighting, and alarm system. The C-bus automation system allows you to control your home environment using wall switches, touch screens, smart phones & tablets that work seamlessly to elevate your living environment.
- Appliances – Turn on the coffee machine from the bedroom with a remote control.
- Outdoor – Turn on spa or pool pumps, garden sprinklers and outside garden lights by remote control.
- Dynamic display keypad – LED screen that allows for multiple pages of button controls with custom labelling options. 4 pages of custom buttons, 16 programmable functions per keypad.
- 3rd party integration – Lighting control via remote control, security systems, audio/visual products, air-conditioning and other electrical systems and 3rd party products.
- Unlimited Devices – A single C-Bus cable connection can control an unlimited number of devices.
- Flexible Upgrades – Switches and control functions can be changed, added, removed, moved, reprogrammed, at any position on the network, at any time – without hard-wiring making it perfect for future upgrades!
- Energy Efficient – Reduces your energy bills over time. Ability to manage energy output and lighting levels in different zones.
- Personalised Scenes – One-touch scenes that instantly activates to create the perfect environment for arriving at home, eating a meal, entertaining, watching TV or simply relaxing
- Scheduling – Schedule and control the ambience of your home anywhere in the world with wi-fi access
TRANSFORM YOUR HOME WITH SMART LIGHTING
DESIGN YOUR HOME
Everything these days seems to be going smart: doorbells, entrances, curtains, blinds, TV’s and now ambience lighting? The most straightforward way to begin your smart whole-home upgrades is to get in touch with the Home Automation Designers at GreenStar Technologies. Smart lighting, as comparison to traditional lighting, is a more advanced means of gaining complete control over your electricity, both consumption and usage, with some unique advantages available exclusively through our smart lighting solutions. Smart lighting isn’t just for private residences but is seen to be used throughout the hospitality industry, 5 star hotels etc… It is both cost-effective and energy-efficient to switch from standard incandescent bulbs to a smart lighting system. The ability to regulate illumination from anywhere, even across a country, is appealing. But that’s merely the beginning and a small glimpse into the benefits of smart lighting solutions.
Are you building or renovating your home but don’t know where to begin? When it comes to smart lighting technology for your home, there are thousands of options – leave the headache to us! Our experienced and certified Technology Designers will conduct an initial design and discovery phase for your home to help define the best lighting solution for your home. Your personal Technology Designer will meticulously design a bespoke proposal that is built just for you and your home. Our design process save clients valueable time and money, and not to mention the headache that comes with building or rennovating a new home. Your contractors would never dream of building your home without a design from the Architect, therefore you should never implement a technology system without consulting a home automation specialist.
Small, recessed up lights and step lights can accentuate walls upwards from the floor, while track lighting can directionally illuminate artwork and table displays. Beautiful pendant lights can also dot the ceiling to pull the line of sight down the hall to a room or large piece of artwork. Under the handrails of the staircase or beneath the lip of stairs are great places to add smart lights for safety.
The entryway is the perfect opportunity for a dramatic lighting display. Highlight two-story entries with a hanging statement fixture like a chandelier; this can draw the eyes of your guests upward before entering the property. Pendant lights and floor lamps also allow homeowners to add personal flair to their home lighting.
Primary areas where your family spends most of their time – the bedroom, kitchen, and living spaces – are all fair game for a smart lighting upgrade. Throughout the home, smart home lighting can shift its hue to mimic that of the sun; warm, amber hues help relax you as the day comes to a close while the bright, cool hues liven up the home while you work from home or hang out during the day. Under-cabinet LED lighting in the kitchen create a mood for parties or even shine bright to illuminate the task at hand while preparing dinner.
NEARLY ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES
With our smart lighting solutions you can adjust the lighting within your home with a simple tap of your finger from anywhere in the world with a Control4 Smart Lighting System designed especially for you and your home.
WHAT IS A SMART LIGHTING SOLUTION?
Have you ever wanted to use your phone to manage your lighting? It’s possible to get up to manually turn the lamp on and off, but not if you’re attempting to light up your house on your way home from work during the gloomy winter months. Technology is progressing in all sectors, and our lighting solutions are finally benefiting from it. You may use Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Z-Wave, and even wireless smart technology like your smart phones and Apple Watch to turn all the lights in your home off and on from anywhere in the world. You can do more than just alter the illumination, but that’s a good start, especially if you want to dim the lights in the evening or turn them out altogether while watching a movie.
WHAT IS A SMART SWITCH?
You’re certainly familiar with traditional light switches that you fumble for in the dark. A smart switch is a light switch with additional characteristics that let you automate your house with connivence and simplicity. They look like standard switches and fit into the same locations as traditional outlets, with the exception that they can be customised to suit every individual’s lifestyle (appearance, colour, function etc…)
BENEFITS OF USING SMART LIGHTING:
Although it’s fun to play with your light settings with your smartphone, it’s more than just a cool gimmick. Changing out your regular lighting for smart lighting solutions offers several benefits including simplicity, control, and mood setting just the way you like to live.
POTENTIAL ENERGY SAVINGS FACTORS $
You can save a lot in energy usage, particularly when you use LED lights with dimmers. Sometimes you just don’t need full brightness from a light bulb, and the dimmer can cut down on energy usage to reduce your electricity bill. In addition, you can also turn off lights you’re not currently using. There’s really no point in illuminating a room when no one’s there (aside from security reasons), so these lights can just turn themselves off.
It’s even easier to save electricity now that you have the ability to schedule lights that can be dependent on the time of day and if you forget to turn them off you’ll be able to control them from anywhere in the world. It’s easy to manage your whole-homes smart lighting system. You can have access to your lighting whether lying in bed, sitting at your desk at work, or even on a remote island while on your phone. When you fail to switch out the lights, you won’t have to physically move from room to room. You can even alter the brightness, intensity, and hue (with the coloured LED smart bulbs) from your device with some of our smart lighting solutions.
PERSONALISED SCENES FOR EVERY OCCASION
Smart lighting custom “Scenes” offer you even more control over your home. These scenes can have subtle changes while still having an impact in your everyday living. If you (or someone in your family) enjoys reading, adjusting the lighting shade can help relieve eye strain. You may, however, create an atmosphere for your everyday routines. You might wish to reduce the lights when you first wake up to allow your eyes to adjust comfortably. Or, if your partner has a different schedule, as a measure to minimise bothering them, all you have to do is choose the appropriate scene that’s preset.
With home lighting automation, it’s a simple matter to set a schedule for your lights. You can have each light (or group of lights) to turn on or off at specific times. You can even set them to turn on or off at random times so that burglars casing your home won’t think that no one’s home. Scenes are also used when travelling for business or vacation. If you’re worried about leaving the lights out for a few days, configure them to turn on at random intervals to give the impression that someone is home “Away from home” mode.
SET THE MOOD WITH COLOUR
Color and scene customisation wasn’t always a smart lighting feature, but it is now when using our smart lighting solutions. When you’re watching a movie, reading, or preparing to sleep, changing colours in your smart lighting with one-touch scenes, can help improve your lifestyle. Certain colours can help you sleep better by reducing eye strain. That’s not all, though. Blue illumination can help you feel better, especially during the winter months when the clouds are thick and sunlight is scarce.
Lights can create moods and can be used in a variety of scenarios. For a romantic date or late-night illumination, you can pre-program a lighting design. When you’re watching TV, you can even adjust the lighting so that your room isn’t too bright and you can still see the remote and your snacks. The lights may turn on gradually in the morning in some circumstances. The kitchen areas can be brightly illuminated so that individuals can get their java fix, but the remainder of the house can be dimly lit. When you’re getting out of bed before dawn, this should keep the shock of bright lighting to a minimal. That can really set a whole new mood for any room in the house.
CONTROL, MONITOR AND ACCESS REMOTELY
Switch the lights on or off and set scenes remotely. There was a period when individuals had light switches near their beds so they wouldn’t have to get out of bed to turn off the lights from the wall switch. However, you can just use your smartphone or tablet, which is always with you wherever you go. To turn on or off your lights, you simply ultilise one touchscreen, one remote or your smart devices! In some circumstances, you can even control your bedroom lights with your voice. Some lights can even turn on or off automatically based on your location as determined by your smartphone’s GPS. And you’re not limited to just the lights in your room either but you can control, monitor and access the lighting system in your whole-home. You can use the app to also turn off the lights or set scenes in your children’s bedrooms when it’s time for them to go to sleep.
Every smart home journey begins with a consultation at our fully immersive Home & Lifestyle Experience Centre – Discover, learn & experience the most innovative technologies on the market. Together through collaboration, we’ll discover personalised solutions that are most important to every individuals lifestyle.
We’re here for you, from start to finish and beyond…
For all of our projects, we strive for the ultimate professionalism by sticking to a consistent and transparent process. This way you know exactly what to expect throughout all phases of the project and have a clear understanding of how your technology goals are brought to life. As technology professionals we take great pride in having a standardised design-build process in place to ensure you receive a high-quality, reliable solution that matches your expectations. We take pride in our world-class care of every client and thrive on our award-winning technology, referrals and strong recommendations.
Luxurious Melbourne Smart Homes – WATCH MORE
Project Gallery – GET INSPIRED
Our solutions – LEARN MORE
- CCTV & Security
- Access Control (Keyless entry)
- Smart Intercom
- Lighting Control
- Motorised Blinds and Curtains
- Window and Skylight Control
- Custom Indoor/Outdoor Entertainment
- Multi-Room Audio and Video
- Pool and Spa Control
- Heating and Cooling (HVAC)
- Data, Network and Wi-Fi
- Solar Panels and Battery Storage
- Hidden Technology
- Invisible Speakers / Pop-Up Tv’s
- Custom Automation Scenes & Switches
Design First Brochure –VIEW / DOWNLOAD
Your Smart Home Lifestyle Guide –VIEW / DOWNLOAD
Our Smart Home Lifestyle Guide is now available online. If you can imagine it, then the smart home automation experts at GreenStar Technologies can make it a reality. Download our brochure to learn more about our solutions and offerings.
Instead of engaging with multiple contractors, our experts are skilled across multiple technology solutions e.g. Electrician, A/V, Security, Heating & Cooling, Blinds & Shades… at GreenStar Technologies we’re a one-stop shop, we provide everything you need all under one roof. With over 20+ years of experience, our team of Designers, Engineers, Electricians and Project Managers will provide advice, insight and creative solutions for homeowners, electricians, builders, architects, landscapers and contractors. Together through collaboration, we’ll discover personalised solutions that are specifically important to your lifestyle while taking your architectural aspirations into consideration.
Glen Huntly Melbourne VIC
*Viewing by appointment only
WE’RE MELBOURNE’S LARGEST CONTROL4 DEALER – RANKED #1
GREENSTAR TECHNOLOGIES PINNACLE STATUS DEALER